1. Job Context:
Abu Dhabi Gas Development Company will develop Shah Gas Field with the highest H2S of 23% and 10% of CO2. Al Hosn Gas will drill the wells, maintain the reservoir, and transfer the non associated gas through gathering pipelines where the extraction operation will take place at Shah Plant. The process products NGL, sales gas and condensate will be transferred trough company pipelines and tie into GASCO products pipeline for further processing. Liquid sulphur will be transferred through sulphur pipelines to the Shah Sulphur Station for granulation and transfer to Ruwais terminal through rail network.
The Workshop Supervisor supervises the maintenance and repair of a wide range of static equipment and machinery parts and equipment in the Workshop, including Machining, Welding, Fabrication, Repair of Valves and maintenance of Mobile Heavy Equipment.
2. Basic Function and Scope:
To plan, prioritize, allocate, supervise, execute & report on the workshop maintenance activities, fabrication, and repair work.
3. Task , Duties and Accountabilities:
- To supervise the maintenance and repair activities of various sections located in a central workshop.
- To review drawings and sketches for work orders, to ensure accuracy specifications, measurements and materials.
- To schedule daily workload and generation of work schedule plans.
- To prepare requisitions for the issue of correct materials, tools and safety equipment.
- To raise LVMRs for the repairable items.
- To update SAP man-hours and equipment history data.
- To inspect completed work for conformity to requirements and standards.
- To supervise the operation of the Tool Store and ensure required stock is available.
- Conduct work safety awareness programs for company and contract subordinates.
- To comply with all company Health, Safety and Environment as well as Work Permit, policies and procedures.
- To provide instruction to meet Competency Based Training programs for UAE Nationalization.
3. Work Contacts:
Reports to Workshop Engineer (Static),
Regular contacts with Plant In-charge and Department Head, superintendent assigned personnel
4. Latitude (Independence of Operation):
Determine own work methods according to established policy, practice and specialized professional / technical standards. Completed assignments are subject to general review and direction.
5. Supervisory Responsibility:
Supervise, 10-Mechanical Technicians, 2-Vehicle Maintenance Mechanics and 1- Petrol Station Car maintenance & Bus Supervisor.
6. Physical Efforts:
7. Work Environment:
Air conditioned office working environment.
8. Minimum Requirement:
- 8 years experience in operations, 3 years of which must have been in a Senior Supervisory capacity.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Very good communication skills.